And they're off.....
The 2014-2015 Berea College Men's and Women's Track and Field teams opened the indoor portion of their season on Friday at the Cedarville University Indoor Invitational. BC was the lone NCAA Division III in the limited field event.
The Mountaineer men, competing in a limited number of events, finished the Invitational in 7th place. Pointing for the Blue Crew were:
- One Mile Run - Emmanuell Kemei 7th Place - 4:26.32
- 800 Meter Run - Emmanuell Kemei 3rd Place - 2:00.01
- 200 Meter Dash - John Willis 8th Place - 23.80
- 5000 Meter Run - Jeremy Johnson 3rd Place 15:29.00
- 4 x 200 Meter Relay - Wynnjones Mbwambo, David Orr, John Willis Tyler Powell 4th place 1:43.02
The Mountaineer women, also comepeted in a limited number of events, also finished in 7th place overall. Scoring for the ladies were:
- Shot Put - LeAnna Luney - 4th Place 11.01m
- 55 Meter Dash - Erica Woods - 6th Place 7.88
- 400 Meter Dash - Ami Callow 5th Place 65.22
- 4 x 400 Meter Relay - Layne Callow, Ami Callow, Grace Callow, Megan Hale - 6th Place 4:31.93
- 3000 Meter Run - Mercy Kershner - 5th Place 11:31.14
- 4 x 200 Meter Relay - Ami Callow, Grace Callow, Layne Callow, Megan Hale - 4th Place 1:55.49
Both teams will be back in action on Saturday, February 7, when they travel to the Anderson University Indoor Invitational, in Anderson, Indiana