Meet the Mountaineers interview with Coach Trent Milby.
1. What is your position here at Berea College?
Head Women's Basketball Coach/Men's Golf Coach
2. If you were not a Coach, what would you be doing right now?
3. What has been one of the best memories of being a Head Coach at Berea College?
Just watching our basketball program improving every year and get to the point where we can win championships
4. What has coming to Berea College and a NCAA Division III program taught you about colligate athletics?
At D3 ( especially the way Berea College is set up) coaches have to take a step back and look at entire picture (labor jobs, academics, etc) and just go with the flow and not stress over if players need to go to a make up class or catch up on work hours in order to be available for games.
5. Who is the clown on your team?
Nakeisha Greene. She was timid when she was a freshman but she has stepped out of her shell and is really funny.
6. Who smells the worst on your team after a game?
In all honesty I should plead the fifth here but I won't. They all smell pretty bad after a game.
7. If there was one word to describe Trent Milby, what would it be?
I always ask my mom what it was like to deliver GREATNESS.
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Fly like Superman
9. What is your favorite movie all-time?
10. Tell us something about yourself most people do not know about.
Never in 43 years have I drink alcohol
11. What type of Coach do you strive to be?
I try to be a coach players can respect and have fun with but at same time know when it's time to be serious and when it's time to be serious. To me it's about developing players and winning and have fun while accomplishing these things
12. What is your go-to leisure activity?
13. If you were a cartroon character, who would it be? Why?
Popeye, if you have seen my arms you would understand.
14. Describe what you love about coaching at Berea College and why you chose to come here.
Berea College is a place where each individual can be their own person. It's a place where students can get a great education and play athletics because they love the sport they are playing. We all want to win but at the end of the day we strive to make it a place where student-athletes can enjoy their time as an athlete as a way to get away from the stress of academics they encounter each day whether it's practice or during competition. I came to Berea because it was a great opportunity to build a program at the NCAA Division 3 level from ground up and believe in the missions of Berea College.
Meet the Mountaineers is a program in which the Athletic Department hopes to gain some knowledge and information about the people apart of Berea College Athletics, the administration, the coaches, and the student-athletes and share it with our audience.
- Dakota and Sierra Massucco 9/17/2018 Link
- Head Coach Trent Milby 2/5/2019
Please Check Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more photos of Coach Milby.